// kevin edit // kevin edit // kevin edit

Translate

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Almost finished my 9 months with Tony Ryder and crew!

My final painting that is still in-process at Tony Ryder's school.. Mostly fine tuning now and will update.  On linen..  Model: Randy via "natural" fluorescent light source.  about 4.5 weeks at 2.5-3 hours per day..  10" x 12" on Artfix Linen. This is a close-up.  I think I can say Tony was pleased!




Full-size..



A senior student who was nice enough to sit for me.. about 2 hours..


Crystal quick head study ( little bump on left nostril is her nostril/nose ring.. not really rendered.. )


The above would be the imprint of my palette after it flipped out of my hand ( trying to scare M.T.H.), down the stairs and landed ( gravity is a B!) upside down on the floor.  Right after I had flipped and prepped all my paints for the morning.   Story of my life.. dog hair in and gravel in my fancy paints to start the day!!  Thanks Big John R for the quick photos!

6 comments:

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Beautiful work! The portrait of Randy is stunning!

ami said...

Wow - thought I was viewing a photo, what amazing detail and life.

Sandra Heading said...

Gosh' You should be dam proud of your Artistry, You are outstanding Kevin and you make me feel giddy to see such beautiful art, WoW, WoW, WoW!!......

Emerson Tung said...

I am. blown. away, Kevin. Totally blown away.

Ray Bonilla said...

really beautiful painting Kevin! Im humbled....

The Art of Kevin Wueste said...

Thank you everyone - Elizabeth, Ami, Sandra, Emmo and Ray - Emmo congrats on spring show - ray very cool blog will comment soon!