// kevin edit // kevin edit // kevin edit

Translate

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

new stuff!

painting is first homework for head painting one ( 3 color palette : white, y.o. and burnt umber); pencil heads are for CF3 - they are all (not done the 3rd one yet) meant to be people w/open mouths.. the final figures are just recent practice from school..







The Great Henry Yan helped me with that left foot of the model on this last one.. .. I could NOT make it happen.. elegant vs clunky ;-) the one above I really kind of dig it!! here's figuring out more difficult shapes!

9 comments:

Carmen Chow said...

I really like the painting. I think you should send this to Ruben. I'm sure he's very happy to see your growth in painting, although you've always been good with Dee Heads!

Emerson Tung said...

I like the head studies yo. And your figures are definitely improving leaps and bound. Stop saying their bad! Only I have the rights to say my figures are bad. Haha.

Gue said...

hey nice head painting with just three colours. I'm just curious on what type of pencils(brand and hard/softness) you are using to do your sketches.

The Art of Kevin Wueste said...

Gue, well it depends ;-) but mostly I use HB in a staedler mechanical pencil, 2b and if I want to do some really dark darks - 4-8b.. but HB is where I start because it's light and you can do really subtle light washes with it. almost everything is a straight fine line and they end up - if it works right - looking like midtones, dark lights, etc.,

The Art of Kevin Wueste said...

oh - and I use faber castell pencils.. I just got some japanese graphite pencils ( they are meant to be super pure graphite with much less filler.. we'll see how they do!

Anh Lu said...

Whoa! a limited palette, very nice painting. =)

Anonymous said...

These are wonderful Kevin.

The_Geeks said...

Kevin what is the madness?! Your getting better and better.

The Art of Kevin Wueste said...

thanks all for nice comments! mongoose1 - so luck to get all that time with Robert Liberace! i hope to catch him for a workshop some time! -kw