// kevin edit // kevin edit // kevin edit

Translate

Saturday, September 6, 2008

A Fight almost broke out at SomARTs today..




The two above - I am pleased with the feeling (of) - are 10 minute-ers. Below is about 15mins.. need to do some work on good paper for many hours!! and come back to key landmarks of anatomy and stop being a WIMP!

yes the world is full of crazy people.. yes I almost got popped by some feeb.. sigh..

but i did a drawing or two.5 i like .. so wtf! I feel I am in a RUT with figures.. hopefully will get past my current place.. I think I have to be less afraid of forms even in short poses.. or maybe i'm just hideously bad. ok.

6 comments:

Anh Lu said...

no way! these are good studies, don't let resistance tie you down. =) I'm getting a lot of volume and weight in your sketches. I love how you leave some parts open.

Resi said...

I think these are great! You really capture their forms. I LIKE the unfinished outlines - it tells me 'you know what is there; I don't need to show you everything.'

Rita Foster said...

great! I'm glad you are going to post something on toned paper, I can't wait to see it. It's going to be stupendous!

Emerson Tung said...

like the others said, dude, these are definitely good studies. I think everyone's pretty much in a rut right now with the figures, after not practicing for so long. Anyway, I have figure painting, illustration2 and clothed figure 2 this semester. what do you have man?

The Art of Kevin Wueste said...

hey all thank you for kind words - critiques are welcome as well! emmo- I have Head painting I (tomutsu) - he is great!; head and Hands II with Tae Park - she is amazing too.. i may post my toned head from our 1 hour drawing tonight.. Perspective ( Joko, but I will likely drop that because of all the work I can barely handle from the above and: ) Clothed Figure 3 with chuck Pyle.. I was waved out of 2.. I hope I can HANG! when are we all doing a reunion clothed figure 1 dinner ???

-kw

Anonymous said...

Kevin -these studies are amazing!!
Glad you are exploring the artist within!!!!!!


Cindy